Echinacea has been traditionally used in herbal preparations to:
- Help enhance healthy immune system function
- Support upper respiratory tract health
- Help relieve temporary mild throat discomfort associated with hoarseness, dry throat and irritants
The blending of two plant species ensures that the specific caffeic acid derivatives (cichoric acid, echinacoside, cynarin) and the lipophilic components (especially alkylamides) are present in appropriate quantities. This product contains a total of 3.5 mg of alkylamides per tablet to ensure optimal strength and quality.
Research on Echinacea Premium has shown:
- Alkylamides are the major quality and activity markers. They are bioavailable and active.
- Echinacea root is the preferred plant part. It contains the highest level of alkylamides.
- The preferred species of Echinacea are E. angustifolia and E. purpurea since they contain high levels of alkylamides.
- Echinacea must be extracted using a high alcohol percentage to efficiently extract the alkylamides.
- The synergistic blend of E. angustifolia and E. purpurea alkylamides in Echinacea Premium may potentiate each other for greater effect.
- The traditional way Echinacea was used has been validated by scientific research.
- MediHerb guarentees a minimum of 4.1mg of alkylamides in every tablet of Echinacea Premium to ensure optimal clinical results.
Caution: Contraindicated in known allergy to plants of the daisy family. Not to be used during pregnancy and lactation unless otherwise directed by a qualified health care professional. For other contraindications and cautions consult your health care professional. This product is packaged in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut tree nuts, fish, and shellfish. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.