Adenosyl/Hydroxy B12 offers a unique blend of vitamin B12 , as adenosylcobalamin and hydroxycobalamin. Hydroxycobalamin is a precursor form of vitamin B12 converted in the body's to both methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin. It is similar to cyanocobalamin without the cyanide moiety. Adenosylcobalamin is an activated form similar to methylcobalamin. While methylcobalamin is found in the cytosol of cells and predominates in blood and other fluids, adenosylcobalamin is the major form of vitamin B12 stored in the mitochondria of cellular tissues. It is a key cofactor in carbohydrate metabolism for the enzyme methylmalonyl-CoA mutase used to produce succinyl-CoA. Optimal levels also support healthy synthesis of neuronal myelin.
- Provides the form of vitamin B12 stored in the mitochondria of cellular tissues
- Promotes succinyl-CoA production
- Supports healthy synthesis of neuronal myelin
- A blend of unmethylated B12 forms
- Part of the PureGenomics® product line
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science